Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week Twenty Three Moquegua


First I am going to say that you guys always give me great things to tell my investigators! Second This past week has been a lesson on obedience we have had a lot of success not in baptism in numbers but we have been working harder on being more obedient! We were told this week that we would need to prepare for the talk that Elder Uceda was going to give. Elder Guzman and I were Fasting the day before and day of and for both of us it was probably one of the best days of our lives. Also Elder Guzman is by far the best friend I have ever had in my life... I do not know how to describe it. We have only lived together for three months but I know that he was definately my friend in the pre mortal life! A large part of Elder Ucedas Coucil for us was about obedience. He said that obedience will bring the blessings of god also that All of the latin missionaries had to learn english. English is the language of the resturation and the translation of the scriptures is close but it is not perfect. If you want to have a more perfect understanding of the gospel you have to do it in the language that god chose to restore it! He talked about how the culture here in latin america is extremely critical and for this reason a lot of the missionaries have fear of being made fun of But if we have faith fear is nothing! The other part he talked about was how to improve our studies and our obedience, He told us to be more obedient flat out... It was amazing to hear with the power that he spoke and the spirit that you could feel! 

Also This is my last week in moquegua... I am going to be completely honest when I say that another miracle has fallen in moquegua. Hermana Juana is a woman of about fifty years old, she is very ROUND and she is always extremely happy and coming to church her daughters are all members and they do not go to church all of the time but they all have very strong testimonies. Juana has been listening to the missionaries for ten years. She has never accepted the challenge to be baptized but she told Elder Guzman and I that she would think about a date. I was fasting and praying all day friday and saturday that I would be able to see her become baptized... I wanted nothing more but the lord decided to give me something more. This sunday I went with our mission leader to a new family we are teaching and Elder Guzman and Alejandro went to visit hermana Juana. After waiting in the house of the new family Elder Guzman Called me and told me that Juana had made the decision to be baptized the twenty second, my heart jumped and then dropped and then jumped, First because she had chosen a date to be baptized, second because it was the 22nd and it was not probably going to be in less than a week, third because there was still hope, And then Elder Guzman said of august, and she wants you to baptize her! I started to cry, After ten years of listening to dozens of missionaries she is finaly going to take a step to further unite her family. It was an extremely spiritual lesson and I know that it is a blessing from the lord. Love you all so much.
 
Elder Tanner 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment