Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mission Week Twenty One Moquegua


After spending a good amount of time recuperating, Elder Guzman and I have hit the pavement hard! Now covering two areas our number of investigators has DOUBLED and the amount of walking has been trippled! We have been Focusing more on Reactivating the members who already exist because our number of investigators has been starting to grow smaller but we are asking all the People we teach if we can visist their friends and family! One of those families is the familia Vargas! They are all going to church and avoiding classes on sundays to keep the sabbath day open for church activities! We gave the names of Elizabeth and Lucio to be considered to be called ward missionaries! They will definately help in the work of the lord!

 The other day we were walking in the street and we found fifty centimos in the street and we used it to buy oreos! It is just one of the millions of blessings that i have recieved every day in the mission. Look for the small mercies of the lord every day!

Lastly a little bit of scripture study from today!

 Yea, and I know that good and evil have come before all men; he that knoweth not good from evil is blameless; but he that knoweth good and evil, to him it is given according to his desires, whether he desireth good or evil, life or death, joy or remorse of conscience.

 Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called?

 Why should I desire that I were an angel, that I could speak unto all the ends of the earth?

 For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true.

 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

we all have a part to play in the lords grand and marvelous work! Ask the lord what is your part!

No comments:

Post a Comment