Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Mission Week 56, Arequipa Mission Office


Hey Mom!
 

I want to let you know this letter had me in tears. I was not expecting something like that. I have think of Maddy Daily. I wish I could just give her a big hug. I want to talk to her so bad too. I cannot believe that I only have ten months left in the mission... I will be home before I know it... I never knew that the mission was going to get this good and I did not think I could feel my family so close being so far away.  I pray for that one every now and then! I pray for Maddy A lot! She has gotten so grown up and she really needs a good friend in this time of change. I hope she goes to Weber so we can hang out and go to classes She would only be a semester behind me!
 

This week Elder Holguin left.... I will miss him a ton! He was the best missionary I have ever met... He did the right thing no matter what and he taught me the importance of doing all the things we can in the time that we are given. I am now with Elder Acosta he is a good guy! We are getting along while teaching. We have progressing investigators. I will really miss Elder Holguin. He was a completely honest person. Sometimes that honesty hurt but it was always the best thing I could hear. I will try to follow his example always. I hope that this next change brings change for the better. I am focusing on being a more positive person who loves serving.  This is a quote that I am going to try and apply especially in this change and live the rest of my life...

"I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or

any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now.

Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

We do not have much time to do the necessary things in this life. I realize that being in the office. There are some things that we have to do (Work, Sleep, Eat) so we can get to the things we need to do (Read scriptures, Pray, Go to church, Serve others, Share the message of the gospel) even thought there are a bunch of things that we want to do (Relax, watch movies, play video games, build Giant Aquariums(I have made the decision to never have more than one fish)hanging out with friends) we must balance our lives and depend on god to guide our footsteps. I love the phrase that Elder Acosta uses to get people moving spiritually. "God cannot guide your feet if you are to afraid to take the first step" We can never stop moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment