Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Mission Week 59, Areqiupa Mission Office


Wooohoooo! Way to go Jake. I have been praying a lot for him. I sure do miss them a bunch. That is great to hear that Madison did well in her 800. I was always terrible at track and cross country.... I guess I was to lazy... Today is going to be a great day. Finishing off one of the best weeks in my mission. This week we have struggled to get into the doors of investigators but the members have opened up to us like never before. We were having lots of success on our own but now our focus is on the members. Helping them have spiritual experiences with their family members and their friends because it is extremely selfish of us not to invite them to participate. This week we had a lesson with the family Damiani, they are all members but some are not super active, However, they have two daughters who never stop sharing the gospel. Louisa is an amazing example of someone who does everything she can. She no longer sees but that does not darken her day. She enjoys teaching a primary class every single Sunday and always shares her testimony in every moment. She is constantly telling jokes and lightening the mood of all those who are close to her. I hope that one day I will be able to say that I will be able to develop and share the Hope and Joy that she has. Louisa has a little sister who has always been more of a shy person. This last Sunday she gave a talk and shared her mission call and took the whole world by surprise. She is determined to help her friends know the gospel before she leaves.

 

There is another Family that I need to tell you about. It is the Family of Karla Pacheco. Karla is the one of the strongest converts I have ever met and that is saying a lot because Umacollo is FULL of amazing converts. She and her son are members and they have not missed a single day of church since they got baptized. They are amazing examples for the siblings and parents. The assistants are teaching the family but hermana Karla always asks that the four of us go to the family home evenings and we always have an amazing time. They are the ones who own the farm and they have given me the nickname José Maria. The nickname comes from the father of the family who says I look like his cousin. He has offered the keys to his farm house to me many times saying "Stay here and work for me on my farm and you will live great" The Family says that they are going to adopt me, Especialy the Hermana Claudia and Mama Amparo. They are so close its going to be hard to leave them. Today we are going to go visit the farm but it will be very different because it will be my last time going to the farm of the Familia Pacheco. Today we are going to take pictures and I will get them sent next week do not worry I know I have been terrible about sending pictures. It will be very cool because it will be the first time Elder Acosta, the assistents and Elder Sharp get to go. Who is this Elder Sharp? He is my re emplacement. I am getting sent back out into the field. Woah. I have no idea what the lord has in store for me but it should be a lot of fun. I look forward to  getting back to the normal problems of a missionary and teaching all day long. I will miss the office and Umacollo will always be one of my favorite places to be but I do believe I am ready to leave.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment