Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mission Week 62, Ferroviarios Peru


New area new companion new assignment. 
 
 
This change was extremely hard. I found myself on my knees or on the verge of tears for days. It has been the hardest days and changes in my life. I was so overwhelmed and lost it was utter despair, HOWEVER, It passed. If you had talked to me on Wednesday I would have told you that I was going to go home because the mission was just something that I could no longer do. HOWEVER!!! I CAN DO IT!!! I loved the quote that you sent me and it is so true. I am going to write that on the wall. My companion when I first met him I thought he was extremely relaxed! I could not believe how casual he was with the members. He is from Iquitos like Elder Perez he is probably about 5 feet tall and he weighs 90 pounds. I want to call him JUB JUB (The little bear guy from star wars). My camera card reader broke so I will give my photos to elder Sharp so he can put them on my OneDrive. The members here are so alive and jovial. They are always telling jokes and teasing and having a laugh its amazing. The beginning of this week I thought I might die but now the only thing that is going to kill me is all of the laughing I do. We had a baptism and It was an amazing experience. Mercedes was baptized! She is a sixty five year old lady who loves the gospel and is super shy and nervous but loves her heavenly father. Our ward mission leader is my new best friend. I have never gotten along with someone so well. He also serves as the Young Mens president in the stake. He is an amazing leader. I love this gospel so much mom and I have such a fault of gratitude for the simple blessings. Every day this week has gotten brighter and brighter. I am not saying that everything is perfect but Everything is good! I love you so much and I am going to work as hard as I can so I can come back to my room at night Look at the photo of my family and tell you guys that I tried my hardest today. 
Love Shaw
 
 
 

Elder Soria, 

He has nothing in the eyes of the world but in the eyes of the lord he is a giant. He spends almost all of his personal money for the month on sending cards to his family in Iquitos. He came to the mission with a few shirts one pair of pants and a suit coat with a dirty old pair of shoes. I would assume that the support in terms of money that he gets from his family is nothing.We are going to head to the office to get the photos and other things to elder sharp! Love you MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment