Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Mission Week 93 & 94; Tacna Peru "The Lord has a plan"

12/26

Something that I recognized this week was that we have one purpose on the mission. Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. Elder Sorias conversion story was definitely a huge example to me of someone who fulfilled his missionary purpose and a mom dedicated to the lord. Elder Sorias brother passed away on the mission. When a ward member broke the news to his mom she screamed out of agony and fell to her knees and prayed. She must have prayed more than an hour when she stood up and said "I know and trust in the lord. If it was his will to take my son let it be. I have four more children that need to send on a mission as well." I was blown away by the faith and trust in god that this woman had. The first thing that she does after hearing about her sons death is testify of the will of god and promise to send her other children. Neither she herself or any of her other children at that time were members. After the news of their sons death the family soria quickly converted to the church and made a long and hard journey to become sealed in the temple. Even though their son passed away on his mission he fulfilled his purpose as a missionary for his own family. I know that the Lord has a plan and he will never waste our efforts on the mission and we will always receive the rewards of our efforts, we may not see them but the blessings come and they last forever.

1/02/2017

Hey mom here are the baptisms and funny photos. If you look at me and my companion in the street its called colon street!!!}




No comments:

Post a Comment