Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Saturday, March 14, 2015

CCM Week Five


Hey guys, so far not a ton has happened this week it was still a great one though!

Hermano Lane is the general manager of all the MTC´s is a really cool guy! He is extremely smart and he is super humble too! We were able to watch a video of the first four missionaries in Ukraine. It was super cool and it will probably will be viewed in a lot of the mtc´s in the world

We had pancakes for breakfast! it was the first time i had ever had anything besides eggs and ham! The churros here are amazing! My teachers are awesome! Hermana Chacon speaks four languages fluently and knows a little bit of two more! Hermana louyza has never taken an English class, but she has learned a ton of English from teaching missionaries in the CCM.

Part of being a Zone leader is planning firesides and church meetings, and every time the zone leaders before us have forgotten something and they would be yelled at by the CCM President but my companion and I were able to plan a fireside and everything went smoothly! Hermano Lane taught about Preach my gospel and the spirit was so strong.

So far i have come to love Lima, the people are extremely friendly and the city is beautiful. The temple here reminds me of the one at home! I can definitely feel the love that the savior has for the people of Peru!

So far, we have had two groups transfer out of the CCM, My roommates Elder Cruz, Elder Varner, Elder Fritz and Elder Robertson left last week! It was really weird not having anyone else in the room except for me and my comp and I miss my roommates a ton but i have lots of time to write you guys before i go to bed now!

Before i got to know him the president of the CCM was one of the most intimidating people i have ever met, however he has an awesome sense of humor! He is also insanely good at ping pong! Elder Leavitt from my district is the only one here who has been able to beat him at ping pong!

Physical Activity is a ton of fun but the new Latino’s don’t like to pass the ball a ton. I don’t play as much as i used to but today is Prep Day and all the gringos will play together!

Just watched Meet the Mormons, it’s a pretty great show. It was a little hard to watch the family with a missionary who was leaving, having just left a few weeks ago, but the message was great and it was really uplifting!

The Mission has a way of changing people, we are set apart as elders and hermanas who’s objective is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end! The gospel is why I am happy! Through the gospel the lord has led me to the most amazing people. A scripture stuck out in my mind today and it was Proverbs 28:1. My class’s goal this week is to be bold because fortune favors the bold! I wish this Sunday did end but as i lay in my bunk I can’t help but feel the overwhelming peace that the spirit brings to my soul! The Days may be long, but they are worth it, they may be overwhelming, but god comforts me, they may be hard, but they are full of learning. They may be challenging but i represent him who walked all paths alone but he is always with me! Know that whenever you feel alone I always keep you in my heart! No matter where I am, I take you with me!

-Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment