Elder Tanner

Elder Tanner

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mission Week Fifteen Moquegua

There was a strike in the area where Shaw was emailing us, he had to leave and we didn't get an email this week.  We received a few exchanges and this, "Got to go Power shut off there are huge strikes going on and they are turning the power off! Love you! I am Safe dont worry! Just a lot of angry taxi drivers! LOVE YOU!!!"

 But this letter came through the following day.  So glad it came when it did. 


Dear Tanner Family,

                I would like to tell all of you that I miss you, however, the experiences I have had in my few months here in Peru have helped me grow and learn things that would otherwise be unavailable to me. The Mission has been an opportunity and I hope I can make the most of it!

                The most crucial aspect that almost always results in success is unity. I have learned only through unity in our companionships and our Zones can we find true success. Missionaries work hand in hand with many ward members and church leadership. We all have to trust in one another that we are going to do our part in the work of the salvation of souls.

 6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

 7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

 

                Dear Tanner Family, These two scriptures have helped me see things in a more broad and eternal spectrum. God does not work in today or tomorrow or yesterday. He works with an eternal purpose in mind and at times we have to wait centuries to see the fruits of our labors. My companion had a recent baptism in his old area. The Recent convert had 87 years the day of her baptism, She met the missionaries at the age of fifteen… after seventy two years of knowing the church she was baptized. The missionaries that had first met this daughter of god would never be able to see her be baptized in this lifetime.  You all too have a part in a plan longer than centuries. You have the opportunity to change someone’s life with something as simple as a smile. This work is grand and marvelous and I earnestly plead with you to pray for opportunities to take part in this work.

                You have many talents and much strength that the world is in dire need of.  One of the most powerful tools you have is your example.  All of us have committed to take upon ourselves the name of Christ this means to follow his example.  When we are following the example of Christ we will easily obtain the unity and drive to have successful families and companionships.  In this time that you all have I invite you to lift one another and you will find yourself being lifted. In this time of bonding and upholding the sacred bond that binds our family together we can find true happiness. I testify that only through apoyando uno al otro, pudemos llegar a ser mas unificado y Nosotros podemos obtener un visión eternamente!

No comments:

Post a Comment